Sunday, December 5, 2010

BlackFriday,Snow,&Brownies

I have done Black Friday shopping. Some of those people get a little crazy when it comes to a good deal...waiting in the cold for hours. This year, I decided to join my cousin and some of her friends for a true "Black Friday" experience. We met at 11pm Thursday night (yep, that's right...no sleeping, no waiting around for morning with these girls) and headed to Wal-Mart to pick up some $1.97 movies and $7 DS games.

By 12:30, we were off to Gap for 50% off the entire store. In addition to great sales I also had a few reward cards to use. I walked out of the store with 2 pair of $69 jeans, two $19 long sleeve thermals, and two $10 long sleeve tee's for a whopping grand total of $2.97!!!! Yep, I paid less than $3 for all that! I'll go ahead and pat myself on the back for you :)

After a quick stop in the Disney store for Taylor's Ariel doll ($8 instead of $24.99), we headed to TGIFriday's for some tator skins....at 3am. We continued on with a stop at Target and Wal-Mart again for some 5am deals. Our final stops were Kohl's and Old Navy. By the time we hit Old Navy at 7am, Courtney and I decided to find a spot on the floor at the front of the store for a quick 15 min power nap while the rest of them waited in line to pay. What a fun night!


On a more current note....


Tonight we had our first "family play night" out in the snow. For whatever reason, every year we always seem to end up playing outside way after the sun has gone down. The girls love sledding down the driveway, into the road...and tonight was no exception. Luckily, we live on a low traffic kind of road :)



ending our night with some super-gooey, super yummy brownies made by dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment